Monday 3 November 2014

Wizkid Threatened To Beat Saeon - Saeon's Ex Manager


The controversy involving Wizkid and fast-rising
singer Saeon has taken a new turn as the latter’s
ex-manager, Alex Adegbenro has risen to her
defense.
The ex manager in an interview with UDR Radio
NYC, refuted claims that singer, Saeon was all
over Wizkid for a feature. He further alleged that
Wizkid threatened to beat up his former artiste.
In his own words, “ Contrary to Wizkid’s claims,
Saeon at no point made any contact with the kid,
until I set up a first meet up. It’s funny when he
said she slept in front of his house to beg him, I
feel that’s a figure of speech and I feel it’s still
wrong for him to say that”.
“She never had his contact, he also forgot that he
started the same way, sleeping at OJB’s studio
crying after M.I and so on. As a matter of fact,
myself and his manger were the ones discussing,
his manger, Godwin Tom gave us a fee, we
disagreed with the fee and told him what we could
afford was N1.5 million and then he came back to
us and said they’ll take it .
“Here’s what I think, Wizkid has contradicted
himself already, he’s either not a thinker, or he has
consumed himself with so much pride. Why would
she pay you and then beg you. The irony of it all
was that Saeon didn’t actually want to record with
Wizkid, after paying, it took about a month to
record the song because he was travelling a lot for
shows.’ She wanted to use the money in putting out
an EP, but when Wizkid got back, we pressed on
getting the job done because he had been paid, now
I’m not saying he was obligated to tweet about the
song because I think that’s what started the whole
thing, but coming from someone who was adamant
about us shooting a music video so he could
benefit from it.
“And the one that got me was when he said he
was going to beat her up. Saeon didn’t even get to
meet him or talk to him until the day they
recorded together in the studio. And I remember he
gave us a list of producers he could work with, he
said it was either, Samklef, Sarz or Maleek Berry
and we picked Sarz and then when he heard the
beat Sarz made, he didn’t like it, so he called Sarz
and was like ‘dude, you know my new sound, why
do you keep making beats like this. So we went
back the second time and Maleek Berry just laced
a beat and the song happened like a freestyle.
“I’m just a bit disappointed in him, I personally
think the part of his statement where he said he
would beat up Saeon shouldn’t be left alone. Well,
if you look at it on the bright side, I think this
whole thing has helped Saeon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment